Engineering Product Engineer
Progressive commercial furniture manufacturer seeking Engineering Product Engineer.
• Supply shop drawings to Sales and Project Managers as needed.
• Produce drawings as needed for Materials/Purchasing Department.
• Generate Production drawings and Bills of Material (BOM) in an accurate and timely fashion as required for Production and Materials/Purchasing.
• Hold meetings as necessary with Production Planners, Project Managers, and Sales Personnel to ensure that product details are in line with the customers and manufacturing expectations.
• Research and special materials required to meet the customer’s specifications.
• Maintain and organize all engineering information for future reference.
• Support Tooling Department with drawings of special tooling as required.
• Periodic review of projects on the plant floor to ensure specifications and requirements are met.
• Obtain a complete understanding of engineering software and its interaction with shop equipment.
• Review and utilize engineering file prepared by sales and proposal.
• Review customer’s specifications and use as a design tool.
• Interact and communicate with customers as project dictates.
• Requisition all necessary purchased & stock material purchasing.
• Support R&D initiatives.
• Design products utilizing AutoCAD and/or Solid works while following prototype and drawing standards.
• Prepare customer approval drawings.
• Assist manufacturing personnel as needed.
• Work with purchasing to expedite materials when needed.
• Perform an “In House” engineering run off, debug and resolve any problems before customer run-off.
• Responsible to support job in the field during the start-up and through the warranty period.
• Manage the Reliability and Maintainability issues for assigned jobs to meet Quality requirements.
• Assist in the training of new engineering employees.
• Project work as assigned.
• Experience in any furniture/case goods engineering software, preferably Microvellum Software.
• 2+ years of cad experience.
• Possess the ability to translate customer drawings and sketches and put them into Auto Cad.
• Knowledgeable in the various common-manufacturing materials used in the industry.
• Works well in a team atmosphere.
• Ability to engineer a project through all of it phases.
• Must be self-directed and exhibit self-sustained initiatives.
• Must have a high level of organizational skills.
• Must have demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work in a fast-pace environment, and meet aggressive deadlines.
• 2+ years experience in Microsoft Office products.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with Microvellum Software
• 2+ years of hands on cabinet building.
• Knowledgeable in European style manufacturing process.
• 5+ years’ experience working as a product engineer.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Trained in project management skills.
• Trained with cabinet making skills.
• 2 year+ Engineering Degree or equivalent experience as an Product Engineering/Designer.
Interested candidates should reply with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.